Welcome!

Thanks for checking out my Paris blog! I'd love to hear from you via email or comment!
xoxo,
Samantha

Friday, January 22, 2010

Arrival Adventures

Woohoo!  The first week is coming to an end and it has been a whirlwind.  After a sprint through security at Heathrow (literally, a sprint), I made it onto my plane and into France.

I'm now bien-installée (all settled in) to my "girly room" (everything is green and pink), and my family has been incredibly warm and welcoming.  Armance, who is 19, and I have already spent plenty of time chatting, trying on each other's clothes, and of course, writing on each other's facebook walls while we're sitting across from each other at the table.  Also correction to my earlier post, Ambroise (age 14) is a BOY!  He's supercool, we are already friends.  Yesterday we sat in his room and compared the way Americans and French write different numbers (sounds boring but I swear it wasn't...).

Tufts has been keeping us busy with orientation activities.  We've done everything from exploring Montparnasse (the area where the Tufts office is), to a tour of Le Marais, one of the oldest areas of Paris, a tour of the Louvre, to practical information such as "15" - the French version of 911 and who to call in what type of emergency.  I've also done some of my own exploring - of my quartier (which is supernice, lots of shopping, I'm exercising all my self-control) to exploring the 5th arrondissement (the student area) with my Tufts classmates.

Here are a few pictures:

The key to my room:



The view from my window.




YES, THAT IS THE EIFFEL TOWER OMG IS THIS REAL LIFE YES WHATTTTT BEST THING EVER.

Tomorrow we're going to the Chateux of the Loire.....  I'll write more soon!  Thanks for reading and I'd love to have a comment!!

xoxoxoxo,
Samantha

6 comments:

  1. SOUNDS AMAZING! An email from me is soon to enter your inbox... sometime tonight is the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonjour mon petite! or is ma petite!!
    Our pal Maria was shocked that you are already in France - she has recommendations about hwere to shop. OOLALA

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops this is your mom, not Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha mom i figured that out....tres bien! i already bought a shirt and some fake-leather leggings, on sale for 7 euros each! SO cheapski i thought i had to take advantage!! xoxo love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your key! And cool that you flew through Heathrow :)
    Can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je suis rassurée que tu te sois rendu compte qu'Ambroise était garçon, je pense qu'il sera aussi soulagé de l'apprendre ;)

    ReplyDelete